1. European Union compliance message: This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please log in or sign up to comment.
    Dismiss Notice

Brookgreen Gardens - Live Oak Alley, Myrtle Beach, SC

By Blake Bailey, Mar 16, 2017.

More work by Blake Bailey
  1. Blake Bailey

Blake Bailey The New Guy

garden-alley1.jpg

Camera: Nikon Coolpix L340, just a little bridge camera, but it's my tool of choice.
    Location: Brookgreen Gardens -- a photographer's dream come true, if you ever find yourself wanting to gaze at something other than the Atlantic while in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

silent lotus likes this.
  2. Bethany Lim

Bethany Lim not a flower but a window Supporter Editor

That's gorgeous - don't feel shy about sharing your photos.  One of my favorite exercises when I am having trouble writing is to pull out a photo that I particularly like and use it as a base for free writing to see what comes from it.  I'm a wanna-be photographer though - either my cannon rebel on auto settings or my iPhone- lol

Blake Bailey likes this.
  3. silent lotus

silent lotus _-_== Loiterer ==_-_ Supporter

good morning Blake

just a few days ago my wife and i discussed , tossed about , what Myrtle was really all about

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrtus

so glad to find your fine focus here

a warm smile
    silent lotus

`

Blake Bailey likes this.
  4. Blake Bailey

Blake Bailey The New Guy

Thank you so much. I've never thought about writing based on my photos, so now you've opened up a whole new world of inspiration.

It shocks me, the quality of photos I've seen from an iPhone camera. If they keep this up there'll be a flood of iPhonography hit the market if it hasn't already!

You're not a wannabe, if you love to shoot, you're a photographer. :)

Always a pleasure to see your comments! I'm going back April 24th... my heart is already rejoicing.

Here's another from Brookgreen Gardens. Isn't that a beautiful staircase? And the lighting that day was on my side.

garden-stairs2.jpg

Bethany Lim likes this.